Explainer videos are animated video contents that explain a business and also convey the value of a business. There are so many awesome explainer videos created for all kinds of businesses to drive traffic and sales as well as generating awareness for their products and services.
[expander_maker id=\”2\” more=\”Read more\” less=\”Read less\”]
Explainer videos are in high demand. Once you know how to animate explainer videos, it will make you a more marketable animator towards other competitors and be able to take on different kinds of fun projects
In this course, I will take you step by step from receiving a storyboard to rendering out our final explainer video animation. Here are the topics that we will cover in this course:
- Complete professional explainer workflow from AI to AE
- How to customize or come up with your storyboards
- How to setup your illustration for animation
- How to setup After Effects project for explainer video
- How to animate each scene in After Effects
- How to easily animate transitions between scenes
- A variety of tools inside After Effects
- Tons of keyboard shortcuts and tips and tricks in After Effects that will speed up your workflow
- How to work with animation principles-Overshoot and Anticipation
- How to edit speed graph to bring life to your animation
- Apply simple wiggle expression in After Effects
The concepts and techniques covered in this course are fundamentals and essential workflows that you will be able to apply to any explainer video that you work on. Some of the basic tools, tips and tricks of After Effects can also be translated into any type of projects.
This is an introductory course and it’s for anyone who wants to learn the professional workflow of animating an explainer video, getting into motion design, adding animation to your graphic design and illustration.
Although it\’s an introductory course, there are a lot of things that we need to cover in this course, so a basic understanding of design tools from Adobe suites will make this course easier to follow.
If you would like to learn more about motion graphics, you can also check out my other courses.
For the class project, you will be animating your first explainer video.
Here are the steps you can take to complete your project for reference. These are only guidelines to help you complete the project, you can also find the best process that works for you.
- Take my storyboard or customize it to fit your need / create your own storyboard
- Follow the steps in the course to think about the transition of each boards
- Plan out animation before going into After Effects
- Prepare your illustrator files
- Setup After Effects project
- Work through each storyboard following things taught in the course.
- Work on transition of between each storyboard
- Finalize your video
- Export as a mp4 video
- Upload to project page and share with us
Keep me posted with your work in progress video even if you only have a few sec. I will be happy to provide feedback and answer any questions you may have to guide you through the process.
After completing the project, you will have a 15s awesome explainer video to share with your friends on the internet. It can also be a great piece that you can put into your demo reel as a portfolio piece for potential employers or clients. Don’t forget to share with me in the project page, I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Ce que vous allez apprendre
- Animate stunning motion graphics videos on your own
- Improve your animation with animation principles and curves
- Understand the basics of After Effects
- Use hottest professional techniques to improve workflow and be more efficient
Y a-t-il des exigences ou prérequis pour ce cours ?
- No previous knowledge is required. Basic knowledge of adobe suite software will make this course easier to follow.
- Download any version of Adobe After Effects. In the course, we\’re using the latest Adobe Suites.
À qui ce cours s\’adresse-t-il ?
- Motion graphics designers or video editors
- Graphic designers or Illustrators
- Anyone who wants to create animated video for their business and products